The mission of the City of Reno Public Safety Dispatch department is to provide exceptional quality of service to our citizens and partner agencies in an expedient, professional and compassionate manner while respecting the diversity of our community and recognizing our employees as our most valuable asset.
About Public Safety Dispatch
The City of Reno Public Safety Dispatch department is a regional 9-1-1 emergency response center that provides service to the citizens of Reno and the surrounding areas within Washoe County. We are the largest Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) in Northern Nevada and provide dispatching and/or telecommunication services to the following agencies:
Make A Difference, Join Reno's Lifeline!
Interested in becoming a Public Safety Dispatcher?
Chơi các trò chơi dễ thươngCity of Reno Public Safety Dispatch frequently opens up the application process to interested and qualified individuals. If you are interested in joining a challenging and noble profession that provides service and value to the community then look no further. No experience required with on the job training provided. See the for further information.
Calling 9-1-1 or Non-Emergency
Do you have an emergency? Yes, call 9-1-1
Chơi các trò chơi dễ thươngEmergencies are situations that require immediate attention from police, fire or ambulance services and include:
- All crimes in progress
- Major crimes that have just occurred
- Any call with the potential for injury or death
- Any medical emergency
- Any type of fire
If you are unsure whether the situation is a true emergency, call 9-1-1 and let the call-taker determine whether you need emergency assistance.
What to expect when calling 9-1-1
- Know your location
- Answer the call taker's questions
- Follow the call-taker's instructions
- Try to stay as calm as possible
Chơi các trò chơi dễ thươngIf you accidentally call 9-1-1, please don't hang up. The call-taker will need to verify if there is an emergency or not. If you hang up they will call you back and if no one is reached, will possibly send first responders to your location.
Text to 9-1-1
Chơi các trò chơi dễ thươngText only when you are unable to make a voice call to 9-1-1. Voice calls to 9-1-1 are still the best and fastest way to get help during an emergency. While Text to 9-1-1 is primarily for those with limited verbal communication, it can also help in situations when a crime is in progress or the caller is injured and cannot speak.
- Location information is not transmitted to the call-takers when a text message is sent. Therefore, it is imperative the user begins their text message with a precise location and description of the emergency.
- Avoid the use of acronyms and emoticons (emojis) when texting to 9-1-1. Keep messages brief and concise, without abbreviations or non-standard language.
- Text to 9-1-1 messages sent with additional recipients will not go through.
- The Text to 9-1-1 system is not capable of receiving multimedia (photo or video) texts.
- If a Text to 9-1-1 is not available or temporarily out of service, a bounce back message will be sent to the user advising them to make a voice call to 9-1-1.
- Users must have a text or data plan to use the services and, as with all text messages, messages sent to 9-1-1 may take longer to receive or may not be received at all.
- Do not text and drive.
Non-emergency (775) 334-2677 (24/7)
If you have a non-emergency situation contact Public Safety Dispatch non-emergency numberChơi các trò chơi dễ thương (775) 334-COPS (2677). Some examples of non-emergency situations include, but are not limited to the following:
- Noise disturbances
- Parking problems
- Past tense crimes
- Welfare checks
Review Important Phone Numbers for additional information
Requests for Dispatch Records
Copies of Dispatch Records may be obtained by submitting a Public Records RequestChơi các trò chơi dễ thương online through the City of Reno City Clerk's Office.
Public Safety Dispatch Administration
Business Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
For Dispatch observations, compliments/concerns please call (775) 334-2370 Chơi các trò chơi dễ thươngduring normal business hours.